Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: The exposure production!

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    whats that? like an ode to trainspotting? thats not a full story!

  2. #22
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    but it would be easy to shoot.

    and, yes, i think it may have been inspired by trainspotting!
    http://www.adminspotting.org/

    it's not a story? i disagree. the sysadmin is looking for something. he finds it in his monologue. the end. do you get taught *anything* at filmschool? i mean, you did read it, right? maybe you missed the subtext, subplot, conflict, turning points and character arc, but it's all there. that's why i chose it. it just happens to pay homage to trainspotting. as i've said before, i'm time-short but i'd write something original if i wasn't working on a full-length screenplay.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well sorry man, but it comes across as more of a parody than a homage.

    I've picked up a few things at film school, enough to know that lifting the opening lines from a film and putting them in a computer programmer context does not a good script make.

    Miker I've got a lot of respect for you, but in your heart you must know that thats not up to standard.

    It smacks of something you wrote to amuse yourself one night, which is fine, we all do that, but you don't turn it into a script!

    I appreciate that you have little time so maybe your not the best candidate right now. I'm pretty busy too-so I didn't submit anything cos it would be rubbish.

    Anyone got the time to do this thing right?

  4. #24
    HB Forum Owner Phaethon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2003
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll be putting up a short script later tonight. I wrote it a while back, so I have to translate it into screenplay format. It's just a conversation between two people that could really happen anywhere so I'm not going to set up DAY/NIGHT INT/EXT or any kind of a setting, because I want us to be able to use our imaginations for that part. I want to leave the look and texture open for the many different styles we have on this board.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 11, 2003 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Phaethon ]</font>

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Vlad the Impaler's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, I didn't think I'd get that many replies!
    Brilliant, this will be good if we could do it.

    So to sum it up we have decided the script should be a monologue! And anyone who wants to have a go at directing it can do and whatever! cool, the results could go onto dvd or something [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I have a script somewhere thats a monologue and is pretty wierd, i'll try and put that up [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Vlad the Impaler's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Have any of you heard of the hackers manifesto? Anyway, its a good piece of text, i was going to use it once... here is a link to it:

    Hackers Manifesto Here!

    (ps can people refrain from posting their entire scripts up here cos it will just get a pain to read, follow mikers example and post a link)

  7. #27
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Generic Skinhead:
    Well sorry man, but it comes across as more of a parody than a homage.

    I've picked up a few things at film school, enough to know that lifting the opening lines from a film and putting them in a computer programmer context does not a good script make.

    Miker I've got a lot of respect for you, but in your heart you must know that thats not up to standard.

    It smacks of something you wrote to amuse yourself one night, which is fine, we all do that, but you don't turn it into a script!

    I appreciate that you have little time so maybe your not the best candidate right now. I'm pretty busy too-so I didn't submit anything cos it would be rubbish.

    Anyone got the time to do this thing right?
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    parody, homage ... all the same ;-)

    i didn't write it by the way.

    in my head it's perfect, naturally. indeed, i think the monologue (v/o, what-ever!) at the start of trainspotting is one of the most memorable of the entire movie. and the clockwork baby ....

    the respect cuts both ways, BTW :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •